Canton to host BBQ and bluegrass festivalWritten by Admin
The second annual Smokin’ BBQ and Bluegrass Festival will take place at 10 a.m. Sept. 29 at the Cold Mountain Corn Maize in Canton.
Activities include venturing through the corn maze, bluegrass music, clogging, and eating award-winning barbeque.
There will more than $800 in awards and cash prizes given to winners for the “Most Smokin’ Creation.” Everyone is encouraged to compete. Vendors are also needed. Admission is $10. Proceeds benefit the Good Samaritan Clinic of Haywood County. The event is sponsored by Rogers Express Lube and Tire, Seasonal Produce Farm, Haywood County Tourism Development Authority, Lowe’s, Ingles, Barkclad and 99.9 Kiss Country.
www.VisitNCSmokies or 828.279.6458.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC