Highlands Cashiers players to present first play of the new seasonWritten by Admin
The Highlands Cashiers Players’ will premiere an uproarious, laugh-out-loud new Ken Ludwig comedy “The Fox on the Fairway” Aug. 23.
Show times are 7:30 p.m. Aug. 23-25 and Aug. 30-Sept. 1 and 2:30 p.m. Aug. 26 and Sept. 2.
The play concerns two rival country clubs that are preparing for their annual golf tournament against each other — a contest that the Crouching Squirrel Club always wins. Quail Valley manager Bingham is determined to win the trophy even if he has to bend the rules a bit. With a sizable wager at stake between the two managers, the contest plays out amidst several love affairs, including man’s eternal love affair with golf, and ends with a surprising twist.
The 18th season will continue with the following plays:
• October — “Jake,” about a puppy that is taught how to behave with humans by an older dog.
• February-March: “Social Security,” about an elderly widow who surprises her children with a love affair.
• May: “Love, Loss, and What I Wore,” about women remembering events in their lives and the clothes they wore.
Subscriptions are $70 per person for the four plays and can be purchased by mailing a check to Highlands Cashiers Players at P.O. Box 1416, Highlands, N.C., 29741.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC