Main Street Mile in Waynesville is Aug. 10Written by Admin
The third annual Main Street Mile will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 10 in downtown Waynesville.
The event is followed by a post-race party with food, drinks, children’s games and activities, and live music. All proceeds go directly to Shriners Hospital for Children in Greenville, S.C.
Prizes will be award to the top finishers in various age groups, as well as to the winning public servant team (police, fire rescue, EMS). Registration and packet pick-up are in front of Badcock Furniture from 5-6 p.m. The race will be run in heats: 6:30 p.m., 18 and under; 6:50 p.m., female 18 and over; 7:10 p.m., male 18 and over; 7:30 p.m., team races for police, fire and emergency service teams.
Businesses sponsors this year include Headwaters Brewing Company, Frog Level Brewing Company, Fun Things Etc, FunShine Faces, Servpro, and singer-songwriter Chris Williams of Empty Slate.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC