The American Red Cross will hold blood drives in the area as the agency has reached emergency levels after receiving 50,000 fewer donations than expected in last month.
All blood types are needed, but especially O positive, O negative, B negative and A negative in order to meet patient demand this summer.
Here are upcoming blood drives in Haywood County:
• 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, July 7, Crabtree United Methodist Church. 828.627.3666.
• 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, July 8, New Covenant Church, Clyde. 828.627.9000.
• 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 16, Longs Chapel Church, Waynesville. 828.627.9000.
• 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday, July 27, Lowe’s of Waynesville. 828.456.9999.
Here are upcoming blood drives in Jackson County:
• 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., walk-ins welcome, MedWest-Harris. 828.586.7130.
• 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., walk-ins welcome, Southwestern Community College at Bradford Student Lounge. 828.339.4305.