World Music Concert in FranklinWritten by Admin
Franklin and Dillsboro Ubuntu Choirs will perform a concert of music from around the world and here at home at 3 p.m. June 24 in the historic chapel of Franklin’s First Presbyterian Church.
The groups are directed by Tom Tyre and are over two-dozen voices strong. The choir is comprised of men and women from many foreign countries who now live in Macon, Jackson and Rabun Counties as well as area natives.
The program features songs from diverse traditions and lands sung in a cappella in several languages, including. “Ateh Malkuth” in Hebraic, the South African “Sana Sananina,” and the American Spiritual, “Let Your Little Light Shine,” among others.
Ubuntu is a worldwide choral movement open to all people who enjoy singing together in harmony. There is no admission charge; donations will be accepted. Light refreshments will be served. 828.524.7683 or www.artscouncilofmacon.org.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC