Jackson library to have one-year birthday partyWritten by Admin
The Friends of the Library are holding a birthday party for the new Jackson County Public Library beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12, in the atrium.
Cake and other refreshments will be served during a reception to celebrate the library opening its doors to the public one-year ago.
Then at 7 p.m., guests will be invited to adjourn to the community room for a brief Friends business meeting. Following this, Marvin Cole, the famous Mark Twain impersonator, will entertain the audience. During his impersonation show, Cole regales the audience with Twain’s tales of mankind’s foibles and follies. Guests are asked to bring a gently used book as a “birthday” gift to the library. These books will be transferred to the Friends of the Library Used Book Store to be sold. All profits from the sale of these and other books go to the library for their operating expenses.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC