Rafe Hollister heads to Sylva June 8 for Concerts on the CreekWritten by Admin
Haywood County-based band Rafe Hollister will perform in Sylva from 7:30-9:30 p.m. on June 8 as part of Concerts on the Creek.
The five-member band specializes in “mountain rock.”
“We use bluegrass instruments and drums and mix it with rock-and-roll,” said lead singer Sam Brinkley of Maggie Valley. “Our sound is inspired by Doc Watson, Johnny Cash and The Rolling Stones. If you mix those three together, that’s kind of what we sound like.”
Concerts on the Creek is a 10-week series of free concerts each Friday at the Bridge Park Pavilion beside Scott Creek in downtown Sylva.
The Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, town of Sylva, and Jackson County Parks and Recreation produce Concerts on the Creek.
800.962.1911 or www.mountainlovers.com.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC