Fishing day for kidsWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
A free kids fishing day will be held in various spots across the mountains on Saturday, June 2.
The event allows families and friends to share fun and quality time together, while learning about one of the nation’s favorite pastimes — fishing. Fishing poles are provided, as well as experienced fishermen who will show youngsters who to cast a line and help reel in a fish if one bites. The fishing day is for children ages 12 years and younger sponsored by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission.
Here are the Kids fishing days events in this area:
• Jackson County from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Cullowhee Creek. 828.293.3053.
• Haywood County from 9 a.m. until noon at Max Patch Pond just past the Max Patch trailhead parking area. 828.682.6146.
• Macon County from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Cliffside Lake in Cliffside Recreation Area off U.S. 64 south of Highlands. 828.524.6441 ext. 421.
• Buncombe County from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. June 2 at Lake Powhatan. Call 828.877.3265 for reservations.