Fishing guide to lead seminar, casting clinicWritten by Admin
Nathan Chapman, guide and flyrod builder, will be the speaker at the 7 p.m. June 5 meeting of the Plateau Fly Fishing Club at the Albert Carlton Library in Cashiers.
His presentation will focus on how and where to fish for native brook trout in Western North Carolina. Chapman has guided extensively across the Southern Appalachians, and he will discuss some of his favorite fishing locations. Prior to the meeting, Chapman will conduct a casting clinic at the pond behind the library.
After the presentation, a raffle will be held for one of Chapman’s handcrafted Steffen Brothers flyrods.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC