Learn about end-of-life decision-makingWritten by Admin
A free community forum on planning and decision-making for end-of-life events is set for 2 p.m. Sunday, May 20, in the sanctuary of the First Presbyterian Church of Waynesville.
The forum is sponsored by Hospice & Palliative Care Services of MedWest Health System. Topics being covered include advance planning, patient care and bereavement. Expert panel members will be joined by community members who will share their personal experiences.
“People need to be prepared,” said Jenny Williams, hospice director. “We see problems related to lack of prior communication on a daily basis. Not having anything decided has the potential for catastrophe.”
Also available at no cost will be forms that include living wills, health care powers of attorney and advance instruction for mental health treatment.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC