HART presents a collection of antique quiltsWritten by Admin
The Haywood Arts Regional Theater will exhibit a collection of antique quilts during the production of “Look Homeward Angel,” scheduled from April 27-May 6.
The quilts will be hung on April 16 and may be viewed while purchasing or picking up tickets prior to attending the play. Brief wall labels will accompany the quilts, and a booklet will be available in HART lobby for more complete data on each piece. A total of nine quilts will be featured during the HART/Shelton House exhibit.
One of the prized quilts on display is Gladys Lett’s appliqued Flower Garden pattern, one of the most popular bed covers in the Shelton House collection. The 1930 quilt won third place in the Indianapolis Star quilt contest that year and features 25 different floral patterns.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC