WCU will host ‘Vagina Monologues’ Feb. 10-11Written by Admin
Western Carolina University’s Department of Intercultural Affairs will host “The Vagina Monologues” at 7 p.m. on Feb. 10-11 in the A.K. Hinds University Center Grandroom.
“The Vagina Monologues” is a series of 18 monologues written by Eve Ensler with one singular message: to end violence against women and girls all over the world.
Female students and staff of WCU stage the play annually in recognition of V-day, which is a global movement to bring awareness to people about female sexuality, relationship and violence against women.
Proceeds from “The Vagina Monologues” will go to local beneficiaries such as REACH of Jackson County, Clean Slate Coalition and the WCU Sexual Violence Awareness Fund.
Tickets can be purchased in advanced in A.K Hinds University Center in room 334 for $5. Tickets will be sold for $7 at the door.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC