WCU to offer stained glass course beginning Jan. 12Written by Admin
Western Carolina University will hold a stained glass course every Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. from Jan. 12 through Feb. 9.
The class is for beginning through advanced-level students and will be taught by Moya O’Neal, a stained glass artist with more than 20 years experience.
The course will follow the Tiffany method of stained glass, by which each piece of glass is wrapped in copper foil and then soldered. Participants will learn safety; proper cutting, foiling and soldering techniques; and simple metal framing. By the end of the course, each student will have completed a project in plain glass and a small panel in colored glass.
The class, offered through WCU’s Division of Educational Outreach, costs $85 and will be held in the Cordelia Camp building’s south lobby. Students should bring safety glasses, pen, pencil, felt-tipped pen, notepaper, cotton gloves, adhesive bandages and a 12-inch-by-12-inch box to carry glass and tools. All other tools and supplies will be provided.
Registration for the class is required.
828.227.7397 or www.learn.wcu.edu.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC