The Farewell Drifters come to StecoahWritten by Admin
The 2010 “An Appalachian Evening” season comes to an end on Saturday, Aug. 28, with one of Nashville’s most exciting new acts. The Farewell Drifters perform at 7:30 p.m. at Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center.
“An Appalachian Evening” was named a Top 20 Event by the Southeast Tourism Society in 2008 and is a featured event in the Blue Ridge Parkway 75th Anniversary community spotlight. The concert is preceded by two dinner seatings, served family style at the Stecoah Kitchen. Dinner seatings are at 5 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.
Reservations are required. Call 828.479.3364. Tickets can be purchased at the Stecoah Gallery, by phone, or at www.stecoahvalleycenter.com. Come early and shop for fresh local produce and art at the Stecoah Tailgate Market from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. before the show.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC