Farmers invited to visit with Ag commissionerWritten by Admin
Steve Troxler, the state’s agriculture commissioner, will be the speaker for the Haywood County’s Friends of Agriculture Breakfast from 7-8 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 8, at the WNC Regional Livestock Center in Canton.
The ongoing series of breakfast meetings in Haywood County provide an opportunity for farmers and other supporters of agriculture to enjoy breakfast and discuss issues related to farming.
The Buy Haywood Market Development Project is sponsoring the event, with support from WNC Communities.
“The first Friends of Agriculture Breakfast was a big success,” says Anne Lancaster, Buy Haywood Project Coordinator. “We are excited to make this a regular event where people can come together in support of the agricultural community.”
The Haywood Friends of Agriculture Breakfast is free of charge and is open to the public.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC