Hiking to celebrateWritten by Admin
The Nantahala Hiking Club offered three hikes (Ranger Falls, Appalachian Trail north of Winding Stair Gap, and Bartram Trail) this past Saturday Sept. 24 to celebrate Family Hiking Day and National Public Lands’ Day. The Appalachian Trail Conservancy and its 31 volunteer maintaining clubs are promoting Family Hiking as a way to connect children and families to nature and plant the seeds for the next generation of Public Land stewards. For more information about Family Hiking and to tell your family hiking story visit www.appalachiantrail.org/familyhiking. www.nantahalahikingclub.org.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC