Trout Unlimited to hold river clean-upWritten by Admin
A river-sweep cleanup of the Tuckasegee starting at the new CJ Harris boat ramp in Dillsboro is set for Thursday, Sept. 22, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. A rain makeup date is Tuesday, Sept. 27, at the same times.
The vast majority of the work will need to take place from boats because of the dense stream-bank growth. There will be a couple of flat-bottomed boats available, but canoeists and people willing to wade the river’s edge are needed.
Drinks, T-shirts, tote bags and trash bags will be provided; bring gloves and waders.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC