Celebrate Public Lands Day by volunteeringWritten by Admin
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park will celebrate National Public Lands Day by hosting several volunteer projects Saturday, Sept. 24, in a unified effort with many public lands across the country.
National Public Lands Day is the nation’s largest hands-on volunteer effort to improve and enhance the public lands that Americans enjoy. Those interested in participating at the Smokies will have a chance to work on a trail rehabilitation or a native meadows restoration project.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC