A day of bluegrass at the libraryWritten by Admin
The Macon County Library will come alive with music on Thursday, Aug. 18, with Lady and the Old Timers at 11 a.m. and Mary Kay Sullivan and Harry Miller and their band, Country Memories, at 7 p.m.
Lady and the Old Timers are one lovely lady and seven old-timers, the oldest being 85 years young. They provide vocals and music by stringed instruments and one harmonica.
Country Memories will provide contemporary and traditional country, bluegrass and gospel music, humor, a little yodeling and even a little “country rap” thrown in.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC