Local author speaks on Haywood historyWritten by Admin
Local author Louise K. Nelson will be at Blue Ridge Books in Waynesville from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 30.
Nelson has written several books, mainly on Haywood County’s early history. Nelson was born in Haywood County 85 years ago, but her family settled in Haywood County in 1802, while her husband, Floyd Nelson’s family settled in 1785. Between the long history of their two families and the history that Nelson herself has lived through, the history in her books is written with firsthand experience.
For more information or to reserve one of Nelson’s books, call 828.456.6000.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC