Swim, bike, run in Haywood triathlonWritten by Admin
The MedWest-Haywood Triathlon has returned this year with a new summertime date, attracting seasoned triathletes looking for a challenge as well as newcomers just getting their feet wet in the multisport arena.
The race will be held Saturday, July 9, starting from the MedWest Health and Fitness Center in Clyde.
It is the perfect race for new triathletes and those who aren’t wild about open-water swims. The race features a 300-yard pool swim, a 10-mile bike leg and a 5K run. Both the bike and run courses offer scenic views of the area, and both are fast.
Those who raced Haymed before should note the run course has been reversed this year. Maps and cue sheets for both courses can be found at the race page at www.GloryHoundEvents.com.
Registration is limited to 250 athletes.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC