Lend a hand for the birdsWritten by Admin
Volunteers are needed at the bird-monitoring station at Tessentee Bottomland Preserve in Macon County.
The program is a nationwide effort coordinated by the Institute for Bird Populations to monitor productivity, survivorship and population trends of breeding birds throughout North America.
Southern Appalachian Raptor Research, based in Mars Hill, is conducting the second season of monitoring at the Tessentee Bottomland Preserve, a tract owned by the Land Trust for the Little Tennessee.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC