Calling vendors for mountain festivalWritten by Admin
Arts, crafts and food vendors are being sought to participate in Mountain Heritage Day, Western Carolina University’s annual fall festival of traditional Appalachian culture to be held in September.
The festival typically attracts more than 20,000 visitors who come to enjoy two stages of continuous music and dance, exhibitions of Cherokee stickball and shape-note singing, a midway of juried arts and crafts and food.
The festival arts and crafts are judged for quality of workmanship, booth display and design. Cash awards will be presented to the vendors with the best works.
Festival food vendors are required to use compostable and recyclable serving materials, with no plastic foam cups or plates, in an effort to make the festival more environmentally friendly.
Arts and crafts applications must be postmarked by Friday, June 10. Food vendor applications must be postmarked by Friday, May 27. 828.227.7129 or visit mountainheritageday.com.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC