Look up Friday night and marvel the night skyWritten by Admin
A meteor shower with up to 20 meteors per hour will happen Friday night, April 22.
The most meteors are expected Friday night and early Saturday morning, but might be as good Thursday night as well. Unfortunately, the light of the moon will interfere with optimal viewing.
The spring meteor shower, which happens every year about this time as the Earth intersects with a trail of particles left behind by a comet, had its first recorded observation in 687 B.C.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC