Freestyle Shootout and Demo Days at NOCWritten by Admin
The annual Freestyle Shootout and Demo Days are set for April 15-17 at the Nantahala Outdoor Center.
The competition in the shootout, which includes some of the top professionals, begins at 9 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. On Friday lights will be set up so competitors can practice their moves under the stars in preparation for the weekend.
The 2011 event, says the NOC website, will likely be the last year of competition on the original freestyle feature in the Nantahala River before enhancements are made for the 2012 World Cup event and the 2013 ICF World Freestyle Championships in the Nantahala Gorge.
All the boats in NOC’s massive demo fleet will be available for free test-paddling on the Nantahala River during Demo Days. The normal one-hour free demo has been expanded to two hours except for the most popular boats.
Manufacturer reps will also be on hand to answer questions about new boats and gear. The outfitter store is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday; and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The weekend’s festivities also include live music.
For more details visit ww.noc.com.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC