Health Department offering free vaccinesWritten by Admin
Free flu vaccines are available at the Haywood County Health Department while supplies last.
The flu vaccine is recommended for anyone over six months old and it is especially important for people at high risk of complications, including pregnant women, people with chronic diseases, very young children and the elderly.
The Health Department has approximately 2,000 doses of the vaccine.
Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins will be accepted from 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
828.452.6675 or 828.356.1111.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC