Ski area to offer after-school programWritten by Admin
Cataloochee Ski Area is offering after-school programs for elementary, middle and high school kids to learn to ski or snowboard this winter.
The five-week course includes a two-hour clinic once a week from 5 to 7 p.m. Elementary school kids can chose from either Wednesday or Friday, with middle school offered on Thursdays.
When it turns cold, it’s tough getting the kids outside to get the exercise they need, but the after-school skiing program helps kids learn new physical and mental skills, get fit, and socialize safely in a controlled environment. The program is designed specifically for young people, who learn differently than adults.
A special learn-to-ski program is now being offered for parents whose kids are in the after-school program.
The cost is $99 for the five-week course and includes instruction and equipment. Cost is less for season pass holders with their own equipment. The ski area has scholarships for low-income families.
For the schedule of dates, www.cataloochee.com/school/after_school.php Contact Sue Reitze, After School Program Coordinator Cataloochee Ski and Snowboard School, at 828.926.0285.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC