Learn the intricacies of creating chainmailWritten by Admin
Medieval chainmail classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on four Wednesdays from Oct. 13 to Nov. 3, at the Jackson County Green Energy Park.
Chainmail technique hasnâ€™t changed much since the Middle Ages, but the look is still intricate and interesting. The course will cover the basics of chainmail, including tools involved, construction and basic patterning for larger pieces.
Participants will learn between four to eight different weaves and will experiment with different gauges of wire and mixed metals to create unique designs. This class will give students skills to make your own jewelry and accessories, as well as armor and clothing.
Students should bring two simple pliers (needle-nose or jewelers) if available.
$130 includes materials. Pre-registration required. 828.631.0271.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devilâ€™s Courthouse
- â€˜EPICâ€™: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC