Area bicyclist to share her Olympic storyWritten by Admin
Olympic silver medalist and Asheville resident Lauren Tamayo will serve as guest speaker at the Haywood Chamber of Commerce Women in Business luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 5 at the Gateway Club in Waynesville.
Tamayo is a veteran rider with 15 years racing experience, a multiple Junior and U23 National Champion and Pan American Champion, and a National Team member who has represented the United States in both the Junior and Elite World Championships for both the track and road.
Cost is $25 for Chamber members and $30 for non-members. Registration is required. The Gateway Club is located at 37 Church St. in Waynesville.
828.456.3021 or www.haywoodchamber.com.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC