HCC strengthens ties and employment training for industryWritten by Admin
Haywood Community College is strengthening ties to the community through industry training with the arrival of a new Industry Training Coordinator Doug Burchfield. After 19 years at Borg Warner, Burchfield understands the industrial workplace and will draw on this knowledge as a liaison to local businesses and industries to determine their employee training needs.
HCC’s customized training services for industries range from job profiling and pre-employment training and assessment to post-hire technical and critical soft skills training.
Customized training is offered to new, expanding and existing businesses and industries providing they meet the following criteria: job growth, technology investment and productivity enhancements. The training is funded by the state and free to qualified industries.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC