Jackson Farmer’s market summer sizzle cooking demosWritten by Admin
Chef Jen Pearson of Guadalupe Cafe will be showcasing eggplant in an original recipe during a local foods cooking demo at the Jackson County Farmers Market at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 20, near Bridge Park in downtown Sylva.
Cooking demos are a regular event at the farmer’s market, intended to foster healthy eating and increase the sale of locally-grown fruits and vegetables in Western North Carolina. The cooking demonstrations feature a locally-grown products, the farmers who grew it and a local chef to demonstrate how to cook with fresh homegrown ingredients.
828.631.3033 or www.jacksoncountyfarmersmarket.org.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC