On the stageWritten by Admin
Waynesville historical speakers series starts
The Town of Waynesville Historic Preservation Commission will host a series of speakers to inform the public on the rich and fascinating stories behind some of the historic places within the community. Talks will be held at 4 p.m. in the Town Hall Board Room.
• “William Holland Thomas” by Gavin Brown on March 2.
• “Country Roads: Pathways to Our Artistic Heritage” by Libba Feichter on April 6.
• “Local history and The National Register” by a panel of local historians on May 4.
For more information contact the Town’s Development Services Department at 828.456.8647.
• The Highlands Performing Arts Center will continue the “Live via Satellite” series with The National Theatre of London as they present a production of “Saint Joan” by Bernard Shaw at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 18. Tickets are available online at www.highlandspac.org, at the door or by calling 828.526.9047.
• The LMP Late Night Comedy will be held at 9 p.m. Feb. 24 in UC Illusions at Western Carolina University. www.wcu.edu.