Agency honors safety and conservation effortsWritten by Admin
The North Carolina Wildlife Federation recently honored those who have contributed to the conservation and safety of the state’s natural resources. The awards were given at the Governor’s Conservation Achievement Awards banquet. The winners were:
• Wildlife Enforcement Officer of the Year — Sgt. Chad Arnold with the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission’s Special Investigations Unit for his major role in a four-year undercover operation to nab bear poachers.
• Natural Resources Agency of the Year — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission for its participation in “Operation Something Bruin,” a multi-agency infiltration into bear poaching circles that led to multiple arrests in North Carolina and Georgia.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC