State budget includes funding for WCU engineering programWritten by Admin
The $20.6 billion biennial budget recently approved by the N.C. General Assembly includes more than $1.4 million for expansion of Western Carolina University’s undergraduate engineering program to Biltmore Park.
State appropriations include $698,962 for engineering program start-up costs and laboratory equipment at WCU’s Biltmore Park location, and $719,844 in recurring funds to cover faculty positions and ongoing operations.
The expanded engineering program is expected to begin at Biltmore Park in the fall of 2014.
Western Carolina began offering the Bachelor of Science degree in engineering last fall at its campus in Cullowhee as a new stand-alone program. The university partnered with UNC Charlotte to offer a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from 2004 until 2012.
www.kimmel.wcu.edu or 828.227.7368.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC