Coffee with poet Katherine SoniatWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Katherine Soniat will discuss her new collection, A Raft, A Boat, A Bridge, at City Lights Bookstore’s Coffee with the Poet Series continues at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 20.
This collection marks Soniat’s sixth book of poetry. Originally from New Orleans, Soniat has taught at the University of New Orleans, Hollins University and for 20 years was on the faculty at Virginia Tech.
Soniat now lives on in Asheville and teaches in the Great Smokies Writers’ Program at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. The series is co-sponsored by the NetWest chapter of the North Carolina Writers’ Network and meets every third Thursday of each month.