Free music workshop for kids July 14Written by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
The Macon County Arts Council is holding its free monthly ARTSaturday workshop for elementary school-aged children and their families from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 14, in the Macon County Public Library children’s area.
Activities include harmony and round singing, an American History lesson in song, and some musical sign language. Ice cream treats will be served.
There’s no pre-registration; children should wear play clothes and can come for any part of the session. Adults are encouraged to stay and participate.
The library is off Siler Road in Franklin, adjacent to Southwestern Community College.
The monthly ARTSaturday series is produced by the Arts Council of Macon County and is supported by the Grassroots Arts Program of the North Carolina Arts Council.
828.524.7683 or www.artscouncilofmacon.org.