‘Saturdays at The Bascom’ ProgramWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
In 2011, The Bascom in Highlands will be open year round. In January and February visit us on Fridays and Saturdays and take part in a variety of activities.
Spend “Saturdays at The Bascom” and discover Art Cinema. Beginning at 2 p.m. on Saturdays, enjoy a schedule of great afternoon movies.
• Jan. 7 – Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Impassioned Eye
• Jan. 15 – The Art of the Steal
• Jan. 22 – The Agony and the Ecstasy
• Jan. 29 – F for Fake
• Feb. 5 – Georgia O’Keeffe
• Feb. 12 – Surviving Picasso
• Feb. 19 – Camille Claudel
• Feb. 26 – Sunday in the Park with George
Relive the fun and spirit of Highlands’ past at the nostalgic Winter Barn Dances. Honoring educators on Jan. 22, police, firefighters and EMS on Feb. 26 and veterans on March 26, the dances are from 7-10 p.m. and feature live entertainment. To purchase tickets ($5) or for more information call 828.526.2112 or visit www.winterinhighlands.com.
Greg Newington returns to The Bascom on Jan. 28-29 for “Photography for Lovers.” Part of Highlands Romance Weekend, learn how to add a sense of romance to your photos using light, filters and Photoshop.
The Bascom winter hours from Jan. 7 to April 2, Fridays and Saturdays only, are 10 a.m.-5 pm. For more details on all Bascom winter activities, visit www.thebascom.org or call 828.526.4949.