Shuler announces WNC job fairsWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Rep. Heath Shuler, D-N.C., has announced a series of job fairs throughout the summer month.
Workforce training and employer training seminars will run from 10 a.m. to noon July 9 at the Franklin Employment Security Commission Office at 427 Harrison Ave. The seminars will address issues such as resume development, job interview training, tax credits and more. The Economic Security Commission will offer assistance with job applications for local job offers.
A job fair will be held Aug. 14 at the former Coats American facility at 155 Palmer Lane in Marble. Murphy Medical Center will also hold a health fair in conjunction with this job fair.