TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages.
TED is a global community, welcoming people from every discipline and culture who seek a deeper understanding of the world.
Every other month, the library will watch a 15-20 minute TED talk and then discuss the topic. The schedule is as follows:
• April 5 — “Your elusive creative genius.”
• June 7 — “How to make stress your friend.”
• Aug. 2 — “The Power of Vulnerability.”
• Oct. 4 — “Your body language shapes who you are.”
• Dec. 6 — “How to spot a liar.”