Center to engage girls in scienceWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
SciGirls, a science program for girls ages 9 to 14, will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. the last Tuesday of the month at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute starting in September.
“SciGirls is a groundbreaking new attempt to interest girls in science with fun, hands-on activities,” said Christi Whitworth, PARI education director.
SciGirls was developed by PBS to transform the way girls look at science, technology, engineering and math. There will be different topics each month, with the first one on tracking light pollution through the Great Worldwide Star Count.”