The kickoff gala will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 10, at Laurel Ridge Country Club in Waynesville. Alongside the food and dessert contest categories, the gala will also include an inaugural beer competition. Patrons are able to taste and sip all of the dishes and beverages presented. Participants include Balsam Mountain Inn, Bear Waters Brewery, Bourbon Barrel Beef and Ale, Bridget’s Bistro, City Bakery, The Classic Wineseller, Copper Pot and Wooden Spoon, Frankie’s Italian Trattoria, Frog Level Brewery, Haywood Smokehouse, J. Arthurs, Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center, Laurel Ridge Country Club, Moonshine Grill, Organic Coffee Beans Co., Sunburst Market, Sweet Onion and Tipping Point Tavern.
Tickets for the culinary gala are $35 for chamber members and $40 for non-members. VIP tickets are $60.
• The DuPont Brothers will perform from 7 to 10 p.m. Thursday, April 10, at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Vermont folk/rock and Americana music. Small plate and tapas-style fare. 828.452.6000.
• Main Street businesses will be open late, until at least 8 p.m., Friday, April 11, in downtown Waynesville. Participants include Affairs of the Heart, Cheddar Box, Christmas is…Everyday, Earthworks Gallery, Fifi’s, Gallery 86 (Haywood County Arts Council), Moose Crossing, Olde Brick House, Pheasant Hill, Pink Regalia, Sunburst Market, The Jeweler’s Workbench, The Karma Café, The Classic Wineseller and Twigs and Leaves Gallery. www.haywoodchamber.com.
• Ben Wilson will preform from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, April 11, at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, in addition to original tunes. Small plate and tapas-style fare. 828.452.6000.
• Croon N Cadence will perform from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, April 11, at the Organic Coffee Beans Co. in Maggie Valley. 828.668.2326.
• Balsam Mountain Roots: Local Flavor dinner will be April 11-12 at the Balsam Mountain Inn. $90 per couple. Reservations recommended. 828.456.9498.
• A Taste of Spring dinner will be April 11-12 at Frankie’s Italian Trattoria in Maggie Valley. Four-course wine paired dinner. Reservations required, 828.926.6216
• Sunburst Market Medley will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 12, in Waynesville. Beer and wine tasting. Array of samples and flavors while mixing and mingling with the makers. Sunburst Beef, Corvus Olive Oil and Bruschetta, Dark Cove Goat Cheeses, Hi-Wire Brewing Craft Beers and Addison Farms Vineyard Wines. $10 per person. 828.452.3848.
• The Murder Mystery Dinner & Wine will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 12, in Bridget’s Bistro at the Herren House in Waynesville. Three-course dinner and wine with murder mystery. $45 per person. 828.452.7837.
• Joe Cruz will perform from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Best of the Beatles and Elton John will be played. Small plate and tapas-style fare. 828.452.6000.
• Sunday Gospel Brunch with Rockell Scott will be from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, April 13, at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Delicious brunch menu alongside gospel tunes sung by the jazz and gospel performer. $18.99 per person. 828.452.6000.