Macon Aero Modelers Barbecue FundraiserWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
The Macon Aero Modelers is holding its 5th annual BBQ Charity Fun Fly at 9 a.m. Sept. 21-22, at the club’s flying field on Tessentee Road in Otto.
Each year the club, made up of radio-controlled airplane enthusiasts, hosts the Fun Fly to raise money for non-governmental, non-profit organizations. This year the club is sponsoring the event to raise money for REACH of Macon County. REACH is a non-profit organization that works with victims of domestic violence. It also has a court advocacy program, rape prevention education programs, youth advocacy programs, a 24-hour crisis hot line and provides emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence, among other services.
There is a $5 parking fee. Barbecue plates are $7 and hot dog plates are $5.
The rain date for the event is Sept. 28-29.