Eat to support the Blue Ridge ParkwayWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Eateries in Western North Carolina have agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds to the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation and its work in supporting the parkway.
Plates for the Parkway will include three restaurants in the area that have signed up to contribute to the cause.
Patrons can eat dinner at Guadalupe Café in Sylva on June 11 and have 20 percent of their tab go to the foundation. On June 12, City Lights Café in Sylva will donate the same percentage for the dinner hour, and Panacea Coffeehouse, Cafe & Roastery will be contributing 20 percent of its proceeds throughout the day.
Last year, 32 restaurants participated. But this year, the field was opened up to include restaurants in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Hickory, Gastonia and Greensboro, bringing that number to nearly 70. The event provides valuable funds for the parkway and gives residents a delectable way to support the cause.
Last year, the foundation provided a record $745,000 to the parkway and its programs.